Sunday, October 24, 2010

Farmville Cake

This weekend we celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday, so I surprised her with a Farmville cake.  She is an avid player of the game, and my daughters love it when she shows them all the virtual animals and plants and buildings that she has on her farm.  As for me, I had fun making them out of fondant!  I baked a cherry chocolate sheet cake and frosted it with vanilla buttercream, and then I went crazy adding all kinds of fondant details, from carrots and cauliflower to piggies, cows, and pink polka dot trees!  I made the fence out of melted candy wafers, which I piped into fence shapes and allowed to harden in the fridge.  Finally, I built the barn out of cake scraps that I "glued" together with frosting.  This was definitely one of my favorite cakes to make, and I was so happy with how it turned out.  Plus my mother-in-law gave me the ultimate compliment when she said it was the nicest cake anyone had ever made for her in all her ** years!  (I didn't think she'd like it if I posted her age out there for the world to see.)  Anyway, happy birthday Pam!!

The cake

Closeup of the animals

Hard at work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment