Friday, November 12, 2010

1st Birthday Fun

I love working with what I call "the perfect client" - someone who has a vision of what they would like their cake to look like, but who also gives me creative freedom to design the cake myself.  The woman who asked me to make her son's first birthday cake this week fit the bill exactly!  She sent me photos of the party ware she had picked out, as well as a photo of a cake she liked.  We discussed a few ideas about how to tie everything together (like putting stripes on the bottom tier, and dots on the top), but then she pretty much just let me run with it.  She had already purchased little jungle animal cake toppers to go on the cake, so we added those after I'd already taken the photos of the cake.  The bottom tier was chocolate cake, the top was vanilla, and the whole thing was covered with vanilla buttercream and then fondant.  I felt a little sad handing this cake over, because it was so cute I just wanted to stare at it a little longer!  So, without further ado...

Here are the plates:

Here are the napkins:
And here is the cake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment