Friday, November 19, 2010

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!!

This week I got to make my first set of cakes for twins - Mickey Mouse cakes for twin boys turning 3.  I made two 6" round layer cakes, one for each birthday boy.  The blue cake is vanilla, and the red one is chocolate.  I used all buttercream frosting to decorate them, and I created the Mickey faces using the FBCT technique.  I also made a dozen coordinating cupcakes for the party guests to eat (when it comes to 3-year-olds, cupcakes are much easier to eat than a slice of cake!)  I love how they turned out.  Happy Birthday, Bradyn and Dalton!!!




2 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    The cakes were wonderful - the boys loved them! All of the kids who attended the party thought it was cool to get their own Mickey Mouse on each cupcake, too. Thank you so much for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Monica! I'm so glad you liked the cakes! I had fun making them. :)

    ReplyDelete