Friday, January 28, 2011

Baby Shower Cupcakes

How adorable are these cupcakes???  A friend of mine is hosting a baby shower for a woman who is having boy and girl twins.  I wanted the cupcakes to be classy looking and not too overly cutesy or babyish.  I had fun making these little signs to stick in each one - I used a paper punch to create the shape, then stamped them and brushed a little ink around the edges too, so that they'd really "pop."  Then I punched out another shape to go on the back, and sandwiched a toothpick in between them.  I decided to ruffle the frosting to coordinate with the ruffled edge of the paper.  (Instead of doing the standard "cupcake swirl.")  Anyhoo, I was delighted with how they turned out.  They are yellow cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.  


No comments:

Post a Comment