Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cake for Baby Jonah

I made this cake for my friend Riann, who is currently 39 weeks pregnant with her second child, a boy she's already named Jonah.  She is MORE than ready for him to make his appearance, but the little guy is taking his sweet time coming out!  Riann and I are in a Moms Bible study together at church, and since today was my turn to bring food, I thought I'd bring along a cake to celebrate his (hopefully imminent) arrival!  I had so much fun with the "Jonah and the Whale" theme.  I thought it would be cuter to have baby Jonah being squirted up out of the whale's blowhole, rather than crawling out of his mouth! :)  The cake itself is white cake with lime curd filling (YUM), frosted in vanilla buttercream with fondant decorations.  And how cute is that little baby????  (I think his belly button is my favorite!)

Come soon, Jonah!  We can't wait to meet you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment