Monday, August 29, 2011

Soccer Cake

I made this birthday cake for a soccer-playing girl named Danielle who was turning 12.  It's chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream and fondant decorations.  I baked the soccer ball in a Pyrex bowl.  It was my first time doing that so I did some research online first.  I have several cake decorating blogs and websites that I enjoy looking at and learning from.  Anyway, everything I read online was right...it takes FOREVER to bake!  The pattern on the soccer ball was a challenge, too.  I printed out a template to help me cut out the shapes, but it was tricky to fit them all together perfectly without leaving any gaps.  Let's just say that the front looks better than the back. :)  But overall I was really pleased with how it turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment