Sunday, October 23, 2011

This Weekend's Cakes

These cupcakes were for an event held at the local Methodist church.  They were vanilla and chocolate cupcakes in varying sizes, frosted with vanilla or chocolate buttercream.  I made the flowers out of fondant, and painted them with luster dust to give them a little sheen.  They were displayed on the awesome cupcake stand that my dad made for me.  I was delighted with how well the colors of the cupcakes matched the tablecloth and the overall decor of the room.  

This batch of cupcakes were for my friend's dad's birthday.  The cake is dairy-free, egg-free chocolate, with chocolate buttercream and fondant leaves and acorns.




And finally, a baby shower cake for one of my repeat customers.  I made her bridal shower cake, her wedding cake, and now I had the pleasure of creating a cake to celebrate her first baby!  How cool is that???  The nursery is pale sage green and white with a monkey theme, so I used that as my inspiration for the cake.  It's vanilla cake with lime curd filling, frosted with vanilla buttercream and decorated with buttons made from candy melts.  Oh yeah, and a cute little fondant monkey on top!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment