Sunday, January 22, 2012

Topsy Turvy Circus Cake

This week involved another "first" for me...my very first topsy turvy cake!  I spent some time scouring the Internet for tips on how to do it, and after reading countless tutorials, I was ready to take the leap!!  It was challenging and fun and stressful and overwhelming and, in the end, very rewarding to finally see the finished product!  But I certainly got a few hairs from this one. :)  It was a chocolate cake with chocolate filling, and then I frosted it with buttercream and decorated it with fondant stripes, dots, and pennants.  Oh yeah, and a ring of jelly beans around each layer.  I think the little circus animals turned out even more adorable than I'd hoped - I felt a little sad when I had to give them away!  But I'm glad that it made someone else very happy on his special day...Happy 2nd Birthday, William!!


No comments:

Post a Comment