Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sweet 16 Princess Cake

I had so much fun making this cake - not only is it pretty and ruffly and pink and sparkly, but I also got to use my new extruder to make the tiara!  I used gumpaste and piped it into long strings, then laid them down on a template that I printed from the internet.  When it was all finished, I let it sit out several days so that it dried nice and hard.  Finally, I painted it with silver luster dust and added some white sugar pearls.  LOVE!!!!  I also made some silver gumpaste stars with the letters of the birthday girl's name on them, and a curlicue "16" to put on the front.  The cake itself is chocolate with chocolate chips and chocolate filling (yum).  I frosted it with vanilla buttercream tinted pink, using one of my favorite techniques, the ruffle.  So pretty and feminine.  Then, to add a little extra pizzazz, I sprinkled the whole cake with pink edible glitter. :)  Happy Sweet 16, Emma!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment