Monday, June 18, 2012

Cakes, Cakes, and More Cakes!!!

One of my close friends is the mother of twins, and she passed the word about my cake business on to her Mothers of Multiples group.  This has been one of the best connections that I have made, because all of these moms have to order 2 or 3 cakes at a time!  In my previous post, I included photos of a Cars cake and a Belle cake that I made for a set of triplets whose mom is a member of the group.  This week I got to make two cakes for a set of twins turning 4.  Behold, the Octonauts!!  They are both chocolate cake with chocolate filling, vanilla buttercream frosting, and fondant decorations.
Here are some cupcakes for a little girl having a princess-themed party - also chocolate cake. :)

And finally, a graduation cake for my neighbor's son.  This one was a challenge to make, as the cake had to be gluten-free and dairy-free.  I tweaked a vanilla gluten-free cake recipe by adding almond extract and using coconut milk in place of sour cream.  I put a cherry filling between the layers, and made a vanilla frosting with vegan buttery sticks and soy milk.  I am thrilled to report that my neighbor called me the following day to let me know that her son LOVED the cake and ate 4 pieces of it!  I was so happy to be able to provide a dessert for his graduation party that he could actually eat (and enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment