Monday, July 23, 2012

Wedding Cupcakes! (And Groom's Cake)


I normally don't make cakes for weddings (too much pressure!) but I made an exception this time because:
1.  The bride is the daughter of a friend from my church,
2.  The reception site was only 20 minutes from my house, and
3.  She requested cupcakes for her wedding!!!
So I figured, hey, I can do this!  Plus it gave me another opportunity to use my super awesome cupcake tower. :)

I baked 4 different flavors of cupcakes: chocolate with chocolate frosting, red velvet with cream cheese frosting, strawberry with strawberry frosting, and orange creamsicle with orange cream cheese frosting. The bouquets and centerpieces at the wedding featured sunflowers, so I decorated some of the cupcakes with fondant sunflowers.  I also made a 6" red velvet cake for the top of the tower, so the bride and groom would have something to cut.  The bride made little signs with the names of the cupcake flavors, which were totally adorable.  I had so much fun arranging the cupcakes on the tower and making sure all the flavors were evenly distributed. :)

So now, here are some photos....






And here is the cake I made for the groom - it's orange creamsicle cake covered with fondant.  (P.S. the groom is a Yankees fan.)



No comments:

Post a Comment